Help: Change Password
Now that you have logged in successfully, change your password here
by entering your current or temporary password in the Current Password field,
entering the newly created password in the New Password field, and confirming
the new password by entering it again in the Confirm New Password field.
Then click Submit.
The new password must meet these requirements:
- The password must be exactly 8 characters long.
- It must contain at least one letter, one number, and one of the following special characters.
- The only special characters allowed are: @ # $
- A special character must not be located in the first or last position.
- Two of the same characters sitting next to each other are considered to be a “set.”
No “sets” are allowed. Example: rr, tt
- Avoid using names, such as your name, user ID, or the name of your company or employer.
- Other words that cannot be used are Texas, child, and the months of the year.
- A new password cannot be too similar to the previous password.
- Example: previous password - abc#1234: unacceptable new password - acb$1243
- Characters in the first, second, and third positions cannot be identical. (abc*****)
- Characters in the second, third, and fourth positions cannot be identical. (*bc#****)
- Characters in the sixth, seventh, and eighth positions cannot be identical. (*****234)
- A password can be changed voluntarily (no Help Desk assistance needed) once in a 15-day period.
If needed, the Help Desk can reset the password at any time.
- The previous 8 passwords cannot be reused.
One way to create a password is creative spelling and substitution. Examples:
Top of page