Termination information may be reported in several ways. Choose the most convenient option from the following list:
- Online submission through this website
- You must first request an account. Once you have received your
user ID and password, you may begin reporting your terminations online.
- This application is best used for reporting a few employees.
- File uploads through the Internet
- You must first request an account.
- Use the required
TXT file layout or the required
Excel spreadsheet template. Both of these layouts allow the user to report for a single employer or for multiple employers on one file as well as multiple employees.
- Contact the Employer Call Center at 1-800-850-6442 to request technical assistance with the
- Employers may upload their termination reports through our Data Transfer System. Upload instructions are available
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
- Use the required TXT file layout.
- Contact the Employer Call Center at 1-800-850-6442 to request technical assistance in implementing the FTP of terminations
- Mail a hardcopy of one of the following types of forms with your termination information
- Download and complete a copy of the standard
Notice of Termination of Employment form from our website
- Complete the back of the Income Withholding Order/Notice
- Submit the following information on company letterhead
- Employee name
- Court cause number
- OAG 10-digit case number
- Date of termination
- Employee’s last known address
- Company name
- Company address
- Company’s Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
- Name and address of employee’s new employer (if known)
Information should be submitted to the following address:
Office of the Attorney General
Central File Maintenance
P. O. Box 12048
Austin, TX 78711-2048
For additional assistance, contact the Employer Call Center at 1-800-850-6442.
Please Select a Topic
Top of page